The Make it Work Challenge was a great one for me....I kind of chose to focus on a technique that I needed to work on and improve, which is the watercolor effect. I created this first card, which we can call "The Beast", over a year ago, and have hated it ever since :).
It's not the layout and arrangement of my stamps that bugs me, but how the watercolor technique went bad...very bad :).
I learned that I'm really not too fond of the way the red looks...not my favorite color to use with the watercolor technique. I learned that I used too much water in places, and not enough in others, so it's a little uneven, but in a bad, obvious way. And, I learned that I wanted to try again instead of give it up, so today was the day!
I went with a much lighter color scheme on my second card, and really love these colors blended with water....they just work better for me.
I learned that instead of applying water to directly to my stamp (after inking) and then stamping, I like stamping first, and then applying water...a spray bottle is my method of choice.
Enjoy this challenge!